Photographs of Trier (Trèves), Germany's oldest city (2,000+ years).

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

All that Jazz


I love good jazz, and in Trier there is a lot of it around. Like every Tuesday at the Walderdorff's, a bar/club/café opposite the cathedral. The entry is free (but you have to pay 1 Euro extra on the first drink) and every time I was there, the music was awesome. It's a great atmosphere, too, located two floors below the ground, the walls are made up of stone vaults which also add a lot to the acoustic qualities.

Every Tuesday features a local jazz formation. The saxophone above belongs to the quintet Ad Hoc, which I saw at the Walderdorff's two weeks ago. Tonight, GRS Unit will be playing. The name sounds more like a hip hop project, but I'm sure they will play some fine jazz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/SebastianNebel