Photographs of Trier (Trèves), Germany's oldest city (2,000+ years).

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Horse

Horse in Trier

I can't even begin to describe to you how much I love this photo. I think it's one of the most awesome photos I have ever taken. I'm going to have this one printed out in poster size and hang it on my wall.

And I don't even like horses. I don't not like them, either, though. I'm actully pretty indifferent to them, which is about the same way they feel about me, if I've read the ones I met correctly.

So it's not about the horse, but still, I love this photo.

Maybe it's the story behind it. I took it at the end of a very long night. One where I couldn't sleep for the life of me, and upon seeing that it was getting light outside, deciding that if I'm not going to sleep, I might as well do something useful. Like walking up the Markusberg.

And it was a wonderful experience. Don't ask me to describe it, because there wasn't really anything exciting happening, it was just the whole thing alltogether that made it something special.

And on top of that (again, quite literally, as it was the highest point of my little journey) I met this horse. Usually I don't care much for horses, but this one was just begging for attention. Well, maybe it was attention, maybe it just was some hard to reach grass I could get for him. Which I gladly did, naturally.

I'm starting to like horses. They have such a calm air about them. I would never ride one, though, and frankly I'm a little puzzled as to why so many people still do that. They should just get a bike and don't bother the horse with carrying them around.

Okay, now I'm ranting. Just enjoy the photo, folks! :)

6 comments:

  1. when I clicked for a larger picture, it appears that he even smiled for your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo.

    Today I have posted new questions for the Interview Me challenge on my blog. Strangetastes has taken the challegne. Go to: http://saintlouismodailyphoto.blogspot.com/ to see the answers. If you'd like to play along, just go to my site copy and paste into your blog and then let me know when your done so I can read your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, on the portal picture, I thought this might be an elk and the thing sticking out the side of the head was the elk horns or something. I was surprised to see the horse. Nice photo. I think it is worth framing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good photo. Sometimes animals pose better than people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure it's a pony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous03:03

    Adorable... They say "the grass is greener on the other side" perhaps this pony agrees. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/SebastianNebel