Photographs of Trier (Trèves), Germany's oldest city (2,000+ years).

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

On Top



After we managed the Weinlehrpfad on Sunday, we went the extra mile (quite literally) and got to the top of the Petrisberg, where hundreds of people where enjoying the day with things like basketball, beach volleyball, eating ice cream, just hanging around or, as the photo shows, riding their skateboards (and rollerblades, and bikes) at the skate park that has been built there about a year ago.

Let me tell you, I wouldn't be cut out for this kind of thing at all. My heart was racing like hell just from watching these guys and girls. And the valley backdrop (with emphasis on the 'drop', I guess) didn't help, either.

On a side note, I'm having difficulties placing this photo on my TDP Map, since the satellite imagery is outdated. If anyone from the area can figure the right spot out and give me a hint, I'd appreciate it!

6 comments:

  1. Hey nebel,

    oh my... I just read that you're back, and it's true! Here you are!!! *hug*
    I'm really glad to see your wonderful Trier pics again, sooo glad you're back!

    Hugshugshugs,
    MoonSoleil

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool photo-looks like he's flying right over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot! Heart stopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kid is losing his pants. I like the photo though as it shows a wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MoonSoleil: Thank you, conside yourself hugged in return! :)

    @Abe: I'm afraid that's just the way the kids are wearing their pants these days. Maybe we're lucky they're still wearing pants at all...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo made me lough

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/SebastianNebel